Shallow Water Lifeguard
Who Should Attend & What Will They Learn?
- Anyone who works or looks to work as a professional lifeguard on a beach or swimming pool.
- This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become a qualified pool/beach lifeguard. It covers the preparation, health and safety of a swimming pool and beach environment, and how to respond to pool emergencies and emergency situations in the swimming pool and in the beach as well.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Good English verbal communication skills (understanding and reading)
Candidate must pass the below requirements:
- must be able to swim continuously 50 M
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using steps or a ladder.
Training Course Outlines:
Course Duration & Examination Assessment:
v Shallow water Lifeguarding:
4 days in total.
100% attendance is required
Pool Training and Examination Duration is 30 Hours as following:
Practical and theoretical training: 26 Hours.
Written exam: 1.5 hours
Practical exam: 2.5Hours
Certification & Validity:
Please note that this certification allows working in a swimming pool where all the depth is 1.5 or less.
After successfully completing a practical and written assessment each candidate will receive:
- A Certificate and a License (ID card) internationally recognized Shallow water Lifeguard from DRASSA Academy and approved by Emirates International Accreditation Centre (EIAC) formerly known as DAC and Abu Dhabi quality and conformity council (ADQCC), valid for 2 years.
- A Certificate for First Aid and CPR/AED approved by Dubai corporate ambulance services (DCAS), valid for 2 years.